Windows Creator worth having or not?

rickf 10:56 17 Apr 2017

Does Windows Creator come with automatic updates or does it have to be installed separately? Any experience of using it would help me make up my mind. Thanks

Forum Editor 11:06 17 Apr 2017

Moved to the Windows Help forum from tech Helproom.

Forum Editor 11:09 17 Apr 2017

Read all about it here

I have it installed on two machines so far, and they are running as smoothly as before.

rdave13 12:07 17 Apr 2017

It looks like Microsoft stops updating Windows 10 versions that are two years old so to keep Windows Update updating you will eventually need to upgrade anyway. click here.

rickf 14:28 17 Apr 2017

Thanks all. Done and working perfectly.

Burn-it 17:10 17 Apr 2017

It surprised me how quickly and easily it went when I did it last night. Mind you I have spent some time removing and blocking all the spyware. i only keep it for support purposes as I much prefer W7.

Aitchbee 19:22 17 Apr 2017

It looks like Microsoft stops updating Windows 10 versions that are two years old

Does that mean that folks who bought tablets etc. with limited space for the massive w10 updates will now be able to connect to the internet and use their 'flawed' devices again?

iscanut 11:24 18 Apr 2017

Updated my pc and do not see any difference at all. I did not like the new Email app as there is no way to sign in and out of it so anyone else using my pc has access. Not a problem to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

TV & Streaming : comment regarder la Supercoupe d’Espagne ?