Windows crashes when diagnosing

Tone707 08:15 17 Jun 2018

I have a desktop that has been crashing on and off for a while. And now when I start it up it starts the automatic repair tool then crashes. Then i start it again and it goes into diagnosing the situation and it crashes i have no clue what is going on but i have no crash at all when i go into the bios. It is a pc a friend helped me build about a year ago.

MJS WARLORD 14:46 17 Jun 2018

have you ever turned power off just by pressing the power button instead off using the proper shutdown icon.

I did power button off once on a pc because it locked up , when the pc was turned on again I saw a message come up saying 3 reg entries corrupted , they must have been vital to the start up process as windows repair tool could not fix it , also , this stopped my recovery discs working

Tone707 15:35 17 Jun 2018

No it just crashes it hasn't froze up on me just shutdown

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:32 17 Jun 2018

You are probably going to have to do a startup repair from a DVD or USB iso, assuming windows 10 you can download and make the boot media from here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)