Hot Topics

Windows boot manager on startup

Jodi Rutherford 20:28 22 Dec 2018

Hi, I want some advice on a startup issue with my computer. It comes up with the following error message -

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1 insert windows installation disc and restart the computer 2 choose your language settings and then click next 3 click replair your computer.

I don’t have the disc - if I buy a new one, will I be able to restore my computer?

If anybody has any advice it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Jodi

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:14 22 Dec 2018

windows 10?

you can download and make a windows iso on boot media from MS click here

LV426 11:40 23 Dec 2018

Try to go back in time with 'system restore' windows normally take a small image of your configuration before it makes changes to software, have you fitted any new hardware recently.

rebecca319 08:17 28 Feb 2019

The common causes about the problem Windows falied to start are list as follows: 1. Too often compressed the hard disk. 2. The hard disk is not well cooled, resulting in too high temperature during operation. 3. Switching the machine incorrectly, to the voltage is unstable (such as frequent forced shutdown and so on.) 4. The Master Boot Manager is corrupted. And here are the solutions about this pronlem: solution 1. Launch Startup Repair If it still not working after you tried the option “Start Windows Normally”, you can choose the first option “Launch Startup Repair” to fix the problem. Choose “Launch Startup Repair (recommended)”, and follow the hints to finish the repair. If any problem is found, the Startup Repair will fix them automatically. solution 2. Repair MBR via Windows Installation Disk If there has a Windows Installation Disk in hand, you can use it to repair MBR easily. solution 3. Repair MBR with third party repair tool Here AOMEI Partition Assistant is highly recommended, you can use it to solve the problem about Windows failed to start with several easy steps. Wish my answer could help you!

1]: [click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Resident Evil 3 review

Online portfolios: how to get your work out there while staying in

Apple 'to drop support for Apple Watch Series 2'

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour voitures (2020)