Windows activation after reinstalling +random word

Jean-Marc Boulier 08:43 09 Apr 2018

Hi,

I have reinstalled Windows 10 and I chose Windows 10 Home N hoping to get rid of useless software while I have a Windows 10 Home licence.

What should I do to activate my Windows? Is there a way to install Widows 10 Home over 10 Home N without losing my configuration, programs and files?

Govan1x 09:07 09 Apr 2018

I never knew that there was a Windows 10N until you posted.

Looking it up N is for those in Europe and those programs do not get loaded with it. Windows 10, they don’t include Windows Media Player, Groove Music, Movies & TV, Voice Recorder, or Skype.

Now if you were to go from W/N to just plain Windows those extra programs will be added.

On most upgrades you can take files and folders with you but not sure if you can do it with your choices.

I would imagine you could take your files and folders with you but will leave that one to the experts to advise you.

A very interesting post and looking forward to seeing the outcome.

rdave13 17:00 09 Apr 2018

Unfortunately it's a different version of Windows - that's why it won't activate. You'll have to reinstall Windows 10 home and reinstall your apps etc.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?