windows 8.1 shuts down after winupdate Thinkpad II

Steven60901 02:21 17 Sep 2017
Answered

ok So I have a lenovo thinkpad II, Tried windows 10 the thing was horrifically slow. I also left myself no way to go back to 8.1 lol, yeah probably should have left a way to do that. So i get a usb hub, mem stick, mouse and keyboard so i can reinstall windows 8.1. Well this after figuring out android and linux were not an option. So i reinstall windows 8.1 successfully and it runs. i do windows updates first thing. Every time it finishes it restarts says it failed then every time windows comes up it shuts down. correctly mind you but with no input from me. Just boots into windows for a moment then says shutting down. Can keep it running in safe mode but no idea the cause. Since its got a full battery it can't be that. Thought maybe thermal drivers but i made sure they didn't start with windows and its still doing it. Anyone know what it for sure might be?

Steven60901 02:32 18 Sep 2017
Answer

Solution appears to be not to let windows update update any drivers or software for the tablet components. Updates for the operating system alone appear to be ok.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?