Windows 8.1 not connecting to Wired connection.

ThunderPantsJR 22:47 19 Dec 2015

Hi, I use a wried connection from my system to an internet extension plug. I am using windows 8.1 operation system and all of a sudden it will no longer find any connections. I have tested the router and it works fine. The extender still work as i tried it with my laptop. I went to restore my system to an earlier date but the process could not be found. I have searched through the device manager and none of my network adapters are disabled or not working. I have a feeling it is something in the system config. But i cannot access the program to change anything in there (of you know how please tell me. Searched it up in the search area but meed an internet connection to open it) If you can help that would be brilliant. Thank you.

ThunderPantsJR 22:54 19 Dec 2015

EDIT: I managed to fix the issue. I forgot that to enter the system config I needed to type msconfig Then had to tick the load processes button which somehow became unticked.
Im normally quite good with technical concepts and things, drew a blank this time though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs SSD