Windows 8 and email

gippingman 01:13 26 Dec 2012

Help - after many years I have a new Windows 8 all in one HP pc - model pavilion 23 - b030ea. I used to have an xp pc using outlook express 6 as my mail app which opened pdf, word attachments etc ok, although I believe I was using word 2002 as the word app. I now have installed office 2003 (that is the best I could now find!)on my new windows 8 pc, so I have outlook 2003 as my mail app. I have now got email working ok but need help on 2 things.

1. when I transferred all my old stored emails across using a usb stick, the original sent/received date has been amended in the transfer process to todays (now called modified) date. Is there any way of retaining the original sent/received date? 2.most if not all attachments either do not open or bring up a "does not recognise/open with something else box" - what is the best way of retaining/being able to open the attachments ?

advice appreciated

gippingman 21:26 16 Jan 2013

does anyone know if a later office program will definitely resolve my issues already mentioned or is it a try and see if it resolves it situation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)