windows 8 document not printing as shown

[email protected] 11:49 19 Dec 2015

My daughter has written a short story, using a windows 8 document. She has made various alterations within the document, but once it was viewed in print preview, everything looked as it should be, until she came to print the document. Then she found text from some pages had slipped down onto the next page. Although the print preview still looked correct, could the reason be, how the original document was set up? Grateful for any ideas.

alanrwood 12:28 19 Dec 2015

Make sure that the paper size set in the printer properties is the same as the paper being printed on. It sounds as though she is printing an A4 document with the printer paper size set to "letter".

Incidentally there is no such thing as a Windows 8 document. Windows is the operating system which runs the word processing program in which the story has been typed. This is most likely to be MS Word or Open Office Word processor. Just thought to mention this as if you need more help then we will need to know which program the document was produced in.

[email protected] 13:40 21 Dec 2015

Alan, thank you so much for your prompt reply. We have checked the document again this morning and you were right, it was in letter. So I have now changed this to A4 and we have made any appropriate corrections to the document. We then looked at print preview and everything looked perfect. We then preceded to print off just 5 pages and the first 4 came out perfect, but then text started to slip down to the next page. So really scratching my head now!!! My daughter has even bought Windows 8 for dummies, because we a our not that technically minded. In there it even says "what you see, is what you get". So we are at a loss now. By the way, it is MS Word, so sorry about that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?