Windows 8 boot manager problem

Hoop83 09:09 01 Dec 2015

Hi

Hopefully someone can help me with this, rather than take to a local shop and maybe be overcharged for a simple push of a few buttons. (Maybe that's just me hoping lol)

Basically, I plugged my USB stick into my laptop but it didn't recognise it, not even in the my computer folder .... I left it a while but nothing was happening, not even the usual installing drivers ... Therefore, I pulled it out and tried again, again, and again hoping it would start installing the USB drivers so I could transfer some files. It just wouldn't work so I gave up, pulled it out and figured I would try later. Well, later soon came, I booted up my laptop but it can't get passed a black screen with some writing on it (see below)

WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER

FILE \boot\BCD STATUS 0xc00000e9 INFO An unexpected I/O error has occurred

ENTER = OS SELECTION

The description says my USB was connected and wasn't ejected properly but I couldn't eject it because it was never registered as connected! It says to plug the USB back in and restart but I have tried this many a times but no joy.

I have tried CTR ALT DELETE and also pushing the F8 key on startup but still nothing, all I get is that blank black screen with a cursor at the top left, then the Windows boot manager comes up but with no options other than enter which doesn't work :-(

Can someone please help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:43 01 Dec 2015

Do you have a windows DVD?

a) Put the Windows installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.

b) Press a key when you are prompted.

c) Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.

d) Click Repair your computer.

e) Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

f) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

g) Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.

h) Type bootrec /RebuildBcd , and press Enter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France