Windows 7 service pack installation.

pcadvice 11:03 29 Jan 2019

Genuine W.7 with CD.Service pack download completes but gets to @ 30% of final installation & says, cannot complete ? Any suggestions please ? Thanks.

KEITH 1955 14:22 29 Jan 2019

as the service pack is downloading write down the details or its kb number and put it into the top right search box on this web page.

click here will be shown a list of all the versions available just make sure you get the right one.

I use this when windows 10 downloads do strange things and stop downloading or installing , I can assure you if you put in the correct details it will work.

you

lotvic 18:50 29 Jan 2019

Windows 7: I seem to recall that you have to install some more files before SP1 will install

click here

"KB2454826, KB2534366, or KB2533552, install them. If you install the service pack from the Microsoft Download Center and do not install these updates, you could encounter a Stop error in Windows in rare cases."

"These updates will automatically be installed when you install the service pack by using Windows Update. However, these updates are not automatically installed when you install the service pack from the Microsoft Download Center."

Also see: How-To Geek.com The Last Windows 7 ISO You’ll Ever Need: How to Slipstream the Convenience Rollup click here How-To Geek.com Legal install Windows 7 click here

Scroll about halfway down the page. "Microsoft makes the Windows 7 with SP1 ISO available for direct download through their site, you just need your genuine W7 product key." Further down in the guide: "The downloaded ISO you’ll get from Microsoft includes Windows 7 with Service Pack 1. When you install Windows 7, you can avoid the hassle of downloading and installing the hundreds of updates that came out after SP1 by installing the Windows 7 SP1 Convenience Rollup." (more info follows....) The free portable tool to choose download version mentioned is excellent.

Alternative:

lotvic 18:53 29 Jan 2019

typo edit: ignore the 'Alternative:' at the end of my post.

rocky700 06:02 30 Jan 2019

I am having an issue on Windows 10 service pack installation as the system is not installing the Windows 10. Currently, I am having the Windows 8.1 in my system and the latest version of the Windows is not getting installed. The system screen is getting blank and it is showing ERROR CODE 0XC0000428. Please tell how to fix that.

wee eddie 09:34 30 Jan 2019

Rocky: Start your own thread.

Just click on "Ask a Question" > Copy and paste this entry into the main box > then think up a descriptive Title that is more than 5 words long and enter it into the Title Box

pcadvice 16:25 30 Jan 2019

Thank you MJS Warlord,I followed the info & the x64 download to suit my installation.After the download & restart I got the error code : Errornotfound Ox80070490 ?? Any further thoughts please ? Thanks.

lotvic 16:39 30 Jan 2019

Found the following, might help: Fix ERROR-NOT-FOUND 0x80070490 During Windows 7 SP1 Installation click here

pcadvice 14:06 31 May 2019

Desktop PC.Windows 7 O/S.just installed new GPU.Graphics fine.Audio not working & does not see my headphones when they are plugged in.Any help please ? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:07 31 May 2019

Have you installed the drivers?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

The Best New Illustration and Graphic Design Talent from Brighton and Middlesex Universities

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros