windows 7 issues on startup

shreked 20:29 03 Mar 2018

Hi I have a PC with windows 7 and it keeps coming up with auto repair option on system start up and it wont let me change to start windows normally and I have to wait for it to time out and then run autorepair.

It does that and windows starts up but then comes up with the blue windows background screen and nothing else, The only way I can get out of it is to power off using power button.

Unless it me i tried doing the F8 for advanced start up options and it doing nothing

Any Ideas.

Thanks

MJS WARLORD 15:04 05 Mar 2018

depending on the make of your pc some boot options are accessed by tapping f5 instead of f8 , you might find something in f5 to help you.

shreked 20:49 05 Mar 2018

ive tried F5 of which it is on my PC and it still doing nothing.

All its letting me do is access the BIOS and there no option on there to reset it.

Any Ideas?

jraj 07:35 07 Mar 2018

Here you have to use the OS dvd. You go to bios change the boot order to dvd and then reboot. While windows install screen comes, just select repair and then in the menu select startup repair. It will start, if prompted, click yes to restore the pc to previous restore points. It will take some time and if it says reboot, reboot and after reboot to normal windows, just do chkdsk /f/r to fid any errors in the system. If it fails , then there is nothing you could do except to reinstall windows

shreked 08:11 07 Mar 2018

Thanks.

Ive not got the op system dvd. I will look in bios to see where I change what to start using when booting but I couldn’t see originally but will look again. Is it under basic or advanced bios settings?

jraj 08:28 07 Mar 2018

It is in advanced boot menu. Normally containing boot priority tab.

jonaroy 07:28 09 Mar 2018

Check for the Windows Advanced Options Menu.Power off your computer and then restart it. Immediately start tapping the key until the Advanced Options Menu appears.If the problem still persists, skip to Windows Repair Installation.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?