WINDOWS 7 EXTREMELY SLOW

shreked 22:13 29 Jan 2018

Hi as anyone any ideas why, I have my PC formatted and windows 7 installed and it keep freezing up and takes 3-4 minutes to start up and shut down and sometime have to crash it to shut down.

I tried windows update and that done somethings but still extremely slow.

Anyone got any ideas or websites they use to scan complete pc and operating system for errors?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:17 29 Jan 2018
  1. bad memory - run a memory test

2. corrupted hard drive - run a scan of you drive

3. virus or malware - what antivirus have you got installed? run it and look for virus and malware.

Forum Editor 22:35 29 Jan 2018

Moved to the Windows Help forum from Tech Helproom.

Ryan Stevens 08:16 02 Feb 2018

Friend, I will suggest you to start using Windows 10 because its the latest Operating System and also fast than Windows 7 and 8.

Muc Sby 08:32 02 Feb 2018

Have you use windows 7 legitimate key ? Is it use only windows defender with update ? Do you use another antivirus ?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple