Windows 7 Blue Screen Of Death with error

zillah2004 11:12 07 Apr 2019

Hello, everyone

This happens frequent 4 times or 5 times a week

I use my desktop windows 7 64 bit (OS 3 years old) mostly for browsing, and I use Firefox mainly for browsing what happens Firefox crashes and then a message pops up as below :

click here then blue screen of death with error: IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL.

click here even not browsing if I open a pdf document also that crashes the system and the same blue screen of death with error IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL pops up

Any troubleshoot should I do to fix the issue ?

Thanks

And Sometime

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:17 08 Apr 2019

work your way down the list until the IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL in Windows 7 problem gets fixed.

1 Enter Safe Mode with Networking - 2 Run SFC Scannow, 3 Update your device drivers, 4 Check disk errors

1. Enter Safe Mode with Networking

Make sure your computer is off. Press the power button to turn on your PC and immediately press F8 at a 1-second interval. until the menu appears. Press the arrow keys to navigate to Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.

Now you’ve booted up in Safe Mode with Networking complete step 2.

Step 2: Run SFC Scannow to replace missing or corrupt windows system files.

To run SFC Scan:

On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Then right click on cmd and click Run as administrator.

Click Yes when prompted to confirm.

In the command prompt window, type

sfc /scannow

(space between c and / ) press Enter.

It will take some time for the SFC to replace the corrupted system files with new ones if it detects any. When finished restart your computer and see if the BSOD have stopped. If not then move on to Step 3.

Step 3: Update your device drivers Corrupt drivers a common cause of the IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL

You can update your drivers manually by going to the hardware manufacturers’ websites, and searching for the latest drivers for all your hardware. be sure to choose the drivers that are compatible with the exact model number of your hardware, and your version of Windows system.

Restart your computer and see if the IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL blue screen of death issue has been resolved. if not then move onto step 4

Step 4: Check disk errors

The disk error scanning takes only a few minutes. But fixing any errors can take HOURS to complete. Make sure you have plenty of time aside.

press the Windows logo key and E at the same time. Then right-click on Local Disk (C:) and click Properties.

Click the Tools tab, Click Check. Make sure to tick BOTH boxes in the pop-up window and click Start.

Follow the on-screen instructions for Windows to detect and fix the errors found.

Restart your computer and see if this IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL blue screen ever occurs again.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans