Windows 7 64bit & upgrade to 10 64bit

Giggle n' Bits 22:22 03 Oct 2019
Answered

Hello all My current machine is windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I am looking to upgrade to windows 10 via a new clean install from 10 DVD. My question is compatabilty of my current machines hardware and if its able to run windows 10 fine or should I just start fresh and build myself a new windows 10 desktop. My Hardware is as follows, I am aware there is some bottleneck on Intel Processors but not sure if mine is 10 friendly. Intel I3-4130 3.4GHz Haswell LGA1150 CPU Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 M/Board Crucial 8GB DDR3-1600 Seagate SATA III HDD Radeon HD5450 1GB GDDR3 PCI-Express

I have seen this website at intel click here so am I understanding correctly my CPU a I3-4130 Haswell is classed as 4th Generation Processor ? If I have that right then its just the other items of my Hardware I need help with please. Thank You if you can help me!

Secret-Squirrel 09:20 04 Oct 2019

My question is compatabilty of my current machines hardware and if its able to run windows 10 fine...............

The hardware you've listed will run Windows 10 just fine.

..........so am I understanding correctly my CPU a I3-4130 Haswell is classed as 4th Generation Processor ?

Yes, you're correct. The first number denotes the generation version. It's quite an old CPU but its fast base clock-speed makes it a reasonably perky processor by today's standards.

Giggle n' Bits 09:27 04 Oct 2019

Thank You Secret-Squirrel ! Really Appreciated for your help Steven

Giggle n' Bits 23:08 04 Oct 2019

Secret-Squirrel You say the 1st number denotes the generation version. So if I3 that to me would say 3 being 3rd generation or is it the No. 4 of the 4130 which you refer to please ? Thanks Steven

Secret-Squirrel 09:00 05 Oct 2019
Answer

................or is it the No. 4 of the 4130 which you refer to........

It is.

i3, i5, i7, and i9 refer to the processor and the second bit refers to the generation and model number. For example, an i3-10110U is a tenth generation i3 CPU.

Giggle n' Bits 12:01 05 Oct 2019

Thanks Secret-Squirrel ! I understand it now. Sorry if I sounded a little dumb Cheers Steven

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

Kristina Bold is a font based on a stroke survivor's handwriting

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2019)