Windows 10 updates my v.1511 how change.

Geeri 10:31 21 May 2017
Answered

Why is my windows 10 at v.1511? . Yet has not V. AU . If I don't get that one, are the later versions going to be installed by MS? The computer is set-up to receive MS auto updating and does so. Been like this since summer 2016 when windows 10 replaced 7. Is there something wrong ? A confused Geeri !

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:35 21 May 2017

Mine hasn't done the CU yet even though I get updates weekly.

It might be easier for you to update by going to click here and click on Update now.

However before doing ant large update its worth backing up all your essential data first.

Forum Editor 13:28 21 May 2017

Moved to the Windows Help forum from Tech Helproom.

MJS WARLORD 13:32 21 May 2017
Answer

hi geeri , i have a new custom rig and got the CU as soon as it came out , that said i also have a w7 pc with the free 10 upgrade on it and i cant get updates to give me the CU. all i can tell you is i read in a magazine that MS would offer the update to newer machines first but dont know how updates can determine how old your pc is.

Geeri 07:59 23 May 2017

Hi Fruit Bat and MJS WARLORD. .Many thanks for your replies and advice. I was beginning to think was only myself with this Version problem. I'll just await events with MS. I do also sometimes do a manual u/date. Geeri.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?