Hot Topics

Windows 10 update problems

Hetti 17:13 10 Feb 2017

Running win 19, HP laptop I started to have some problems with this laptop back in Oct 2016. It was unable to complete win updates it downloaded, configered then tried to install, it was unable to install and gave message saying "Could not install updates we are undoing changes" all taking at least an hour. I got new PC Chrismas so didnt bother with laptop. but decided to uninstall/reinstall windows yesterday as its only about 14 months old. Did the reinstall let it do its thing downloading updates all went Okay then I decided to check update history.............there are no updates listed there, I click on UNINSTALL updates it gives me 9 installed win updates there installed yesterday 09/02/2017.....strange. Then Belarc tell me there are 5 updates missing two critical and 3 important they are Critical..Adobe Shockwave player security update -for shockwve player plugin. Critical..Adobe shockwave player security update for shockwave player activeX Important Microsoft security update (KB2538243) Important Microsoft security update (KB2565063) Important Microsoft security update (KB3210721)

I want to try to sort this as its driving me mad. Any advise please? Important.

Hetti 17:15 10 Feb 2017

Forgot to say I have tried to maually install updates seperately ....still no good

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:30 10 Feb 2017

Have you run the update trouble shooter click here

Hetti 08:50 11 Feb 2017

I did Fruit bat........but tried it again via your link..no joy Message says "Cumulative update win10 ver 1511 for 64X-based systems (KB 210721) error 0x80010108 and Feature update win10 ver 1607 error 0x80010108"

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:12 11 Feb 2017
  Govan1x 12:42 11 Feb 2017

You cou'd try running cmd as administrator and typing in. sfc /scannow just to see if it finds and fixes any problems.

Or try control panel, Troubleshooter. Fix widows update problems. See if that helps.

Hetti 13:28 11 Feb 2017

Working my way through the fixes in Fruit bat post, still one to go! first ones dont help.

Will try your suggestions next Govan1x although I have already tried Troubleshooter in control panel.

Govan1x 09:02 12 Feb 2017

Think your first 2 KB's were for W7 I am assuming you are using W10 so maybe not worry about the others except the last one.

It can be downloaded from here.

Click here

Now i was having problems with updates and ran this program from one of Fruit Bat /\0/\'s other posts. Just click on any of his click here's and choose the top selection of Update.

Save the file and open it it will either say thanks for downloading and finish.Or it will download the latest update for W10. If that starts it will take at least 30 minutes to install and you do not loose any of your previously installed programs. Well at least it didn't for me.

Only try that if you are already using W10.

Click here

Hetti 14:10 13 Feb 2017

Update................. I worked through the suggestions but had no joy. I thought I would use the pre installed copy of windows that HP put on the laptops ( I didnt even relise it was there, or if it was a different copy of the windows I was having problems with)anyway it took 8/9 hours but the result was all win updates are done and laptop is running good. SO HAPPY Thanks to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Resident Evil 3 review

Online portfolios: how to get your work out there while staying in

Apple 'to drop support for Apple Watch Series 2'

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour voitures (2020)