Hot Topics

windows 10 update 1909 won't install

kfm 16:07 27 May 2020

I have just updated my Windows 7 Pro PC to Windows 10 Pro using the free upgrade on the Microsoft website. This installed fine. It is running version 1809.I did the check for updates and the 1909 update was available. Installation appeared to go fine but on the reboot the message came up saying my computer was being reset back to the previous version. No explanation why. Windows troubleshooter could not find any problems. Is there anything I can try to find the problem. I don't mind running 1809 but it obviously become out of date. Cheers Ken

wee eddie 17:34 29 May 2020

kfm: In the normal way of things, most of us will not get 2004 for a couple of months.

As I understand it: Microsoft's Software analyses your PC and sends the latest Update to those that they know are OK for it. Over the following months PCs with older or less usual combinations of hardware, will also get it. In the meantime M$ will be trying to ensure compatibility, which becomes more challenging, the older the PC is.

From your "Driver PNP Watchdog" warning, I would suggest that some piece of your Hardware does not "Yet" have a compatible Driver.

Relax - Sit back - it will come in the course of time

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book Flex review

Inspiring Creative Projects in response to Pandemic & Protest

Apple Breakfast: Profits, awards & antitrust questions

App Store : comment obtenir un remboursement ?