Windows 10 Tile etc colour changed from blue

john bunyan 08:36 26 Sep 2015
Answered

On my wife's laptop, updated from windows 7 , the windows logo, if the mouse is hovered over it, changes to a sand colour, not blue as it did at first. The same applies if I "personalise" the screen, when the bloc with "1" is sand, not blue. All but one tile in the start screen, when one left clicks on the windows icon , are sand, not blue. I did try Google, and only found one reference, whose issue disappeared . I am loathe to do a clean install, as I have programmes such as Photoshop CS5 that I do not want to loose. reference was to do with the user issue. I , so far have no "Microsoft account" and wonder if that is a cause. On closing down, if an update is installed, the whole screen goes to a sand colour while updating, but on launch the blue background is normal. Any suggestions?

john bunyan 11:39 26 Sep 2015

Weirdly this only applies to one user. When I log on all is blue. My wife's log on Icon is sand coloured

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:00 26 Sep 2015
Answer

Personalisation each account can set what they like

click here

john bunyan 16:38 26 Sep 2015

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Thanks very much. That fixed it - I was about to delete my wife's user account and create a new one. One learns something every day and folk like you are a godsend and the reason most of us came here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf