Hot Topics

Windows 10 restore points deleted

martd7 14:13 07 Oct 2019
Answered

Do Windows restore points self delete? I usually keep a max of 4, the very first one,2 more and the latest one. When I have looked today,the first one has gone and I am left with 2recent ones when windows updated,and the most recent restore point

martd7 16:10 07 Oct 2019

I do not know if its Windows update or not,if it is this is the first time this has occurred

rickf 16:33 07 Oct 2019

Windows 10 updates is a strange beast. I have 3 pcs at home. Since update 2pcs (Windows Mail)automatically delete my deleted mail in the deleted folder and sent mails get automatically deleted as well in the sent folder. Can't stop this try as I might. However, the other PC remains as before so at least I can have a record and delete as convenient.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:09 10 Oct 2019
Answer

have often found windows switches off restore and in the process deletes all restore points after an upgrade.

alanrwood 10:28 10 Oct 2019

Windows restore pounts are automatically deleted when the space you have allocated to restore points storage is full. You can change the space allocated if you wish.

All restore points are deleted in Windows Feature Updates because they would not be compatible with the new installed version. They are not needed anyway as the update creates a Windows.old folder of the whole older installation

Yes Windows Feature Updates usually switches the Backup/Restore function off and it needs to be turned on again

martd7 20:45 11 Oct 2019

Thanks everyone

I suspected the Windows update had deleted them,my C:drive is backed up anyway to my external drive,just wondered why the restore points had been deleted

john bunyan 22:32 11 Oct 2019

Recheck that restore points are enabled after a major update/ feature update - sometimes it reverts to being off

Forum Editor 11:11 12 Oct 2019

Moved to the Windows Help Forum from Tech Helproom.

alex010 08:57 14 Oct 2019

Actually they do, I also made few restore points but after some time, I can't find them

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Where's our Galaxy S20 Ultra review?

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique