Windows 10 repair - no account

stumpy_juk 21:25 23 Jan 2018

Really stuck here.

I recently started my windows 10 laptop and it wouldn’t boot up, I was presented with the troubleshoot and advanced options and went through a few tricks to fix it, start up repair, safe mode.

After going in via command prompt, the next time I restarted it now shows this blue screen asking me to select an account, but no accounts are showing - unfortunately I can’t get no further.

Help please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:54 23 Jan 2018

Click/Tap on the Power button under the Start Menu or on the lower right-hand side of the Login screen, press and hold the Shift key, and click/tap on Restart. This will open a command prompt at boot.

Then type:

net user Administrator /active:yes

If for some reason that doesn't work, do the following:

In the command prompt, type regedit, and press Enter.

In the left pane of Registry Editor, click/tap on the HKEYLOCALMACHINE key.

Click/tap on File (menu bar), and on Load Hive.

Open the drive (e.g. C:\ ) that you have Windows 10 installed on, and browse to the location below. NOTE: The drive letter (ex: C) will not always be the same at boot as it is from within Windows 10.

C:\Windows\System32\config

Select the SAM file, and click/tap on Open.

In the Load Hive dialog, type REM_SAM, and click/tap on OK.

In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to and open the key: HKEYLOCALMACHINE\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Accounts\Users\000001F4

In the right pane of the 000001F4 key, double click/tap on the F binary value to modify it.

In line 0038, change 11 to 10, click/tap on OK.

Close Registry Editor and the command prompt.

Click/tap on Continue to startup back in Windows 10.

NOTE: To disable the Administrator account simply reverse 10. to 11

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?