Windows 10 repair - no account

stumpy_juk 21:25 23 Jan 2018

Really stuck here.

I recently started my windows 10 laptop and it wouldn’t boot up, I was presented with the troubleshoot and advanced options and went through a few tricks to fix it, start up repair, safe mode.

After going in via command prompt, the next time I restarted it now shows this blue screen asking me to select an account, but no accounts are showing - unfortunately I can’t get no further.

Help please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:54 23 Jan 2018

Click/Tap on the Power button under the Start Menu or on the lower right-hand side of the Login screen, press and hold the Shift key, and click/tap on Restart. This will open a command prompt at boot.

Then type:

net user Administrator /active:yes

If for some reason that doesn't work, do the following:

In the command prompt, type regedit, and press Enter.

In the left pane of Registry Editor, click/tap on the HKEYLOCALMACHINE key.

Click/tap on File (menu bar), and on Load Hive.

Open the drive (e.g. C:\ ) that you have Windows 10 installed on, and browse to the location below. NOTE: The drive letter (ex: C) will not always be the same at boot as it is from within Windows 10.

C:\Windows\System32\config

Select the SAM file, and click/tap on Open.

In the Load Hive dialog, type REM_SAM, and click/tap on OK.

In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to and open the key: HKEYLOCALMACHINE\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Accounts\Users\000001F4

In the right pane of the 000001F4 key, double click/tap on the F binary value to modify it.

In line 0038, change 11 to 10, click/tap on OK.

Close Registry Editor and the command prompt.

Click/tap on Continue to startup back in Windows 10.

NOTE: To disable the Administrator account simply reverse 10. to 11

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)