Windows 10 re - activation

AdarshBabu 04:28 07 Jan 2017

I have Windows 10 Pro on my pc which I had upgraded from Windows 7. Now I need to format my pc. How can I restore Windows 10 again after this? Should I download the OS again and extract the current product key? Please help.

BRYNIT 08:40 07 Jan 2017

CLICK HERE to download the Windows 10 Mediacreation tool this will allow you to create a bootable USB or an ISO file to burn to a DVD you can then do a clean install of Windows 10 or again upgrade from Windows 7.

CLICK HERE Activation in Windows 10, towards the bottom it tells you how to activate Windows 10 after a clean install.

MLA2000 16:35 07 Jan 2017

Use the Media Creation tool from Microsoft (click here need either a blank DVD or an empty USB memory stick which will be used by Windows to store the installer.

Windows will activate automatically if you don't make any major changes to the parts of the computer. Microsoft scrapped product keys for Windows 7 upgrades. If Windows is not activated follow these instructions to restore your license.

Jollyjohn 17:21 07 Jan 2017

As you re install W10 you will be asked for the licence key but you can Skip this step and continue the installation process. Once installed and connected to the internet the licence key will be found and activated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

How to create explosive dance music graphics

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?