Hot Topics

Windows 10 no internet trough Ethernet

TheSandman225 16:29 13 Aug 2015
Answered

So ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my Ethernet cable connection drops after 10-20 min. It will work again after a reboot but will drop after a few minutes. I still have internet trough WiFi.

Some information about my internet setup My desktop is connected to the internet trough a Ethernet cable. this cable feeds into a switch which is connected to a modem. I also have a router that is connected to the switch. And right now I am connected to the router trough WiFi.

So far i have tried:

• restarting modem
  • using different Ethernet cables
  • connecting to the router instead of the modem (with Ethernet)
  • Let windows look for a solution. Didn't do much but tell me that there was no default gateway.
  • Tried uninstalling the Ethernet driver. The uninstall never finished the progress bad just kept looping. (still need to try again)
  • A forum online had said to uninstall virus protection and reinstall it after reboot. Didn't work.

I don't really know what else I could do. It is really starting to frustrate. I really hope someone knows what to do. I am tempted to go back to windows 8.1 just so that this problem won't exist anymore.

hmd_destroyer 02:41 20 Nov 2015

Thank you, azitalian!! You saved me so much time! That worked! Thank you!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What’s the difference between VPN and Antivirus and do you need both?

These are the best album covers of 2019

How to pick the best iPhone insurance

Les bons plans gadgets high tech (2020)