Windows 10 meltdown. Nothing working.

Jeck Scett 23:46 15 Oct 2018

Hi all,

In dire need of help, my windows 10 has had a complete and utter meltdown. Here are a list of its problems

:Windows firewall won't turn on (error 0x80070422)

:Networking won't turn on (dependancy failed)

:Airplane mode greyed out

:Audio driver not working

:can't reset PC

:can't fresh install windows

:cant SFC SCANNOW

:cant trouble shoot any of the above

:cant roll back windows version

All of the following are disabled with no way to enable either COM+ Event System • Computer Browser • DHCP Client • DNS Client • Network Connections • Network Location Awareness • Remote Procedure Call (RPC) • Server • TCP/IP Netbios helper • WLAN • Workstation

I cant even think of the rest as I'm not on my laptop but it has pulled a complete and utter Britney spears.

The laptop model is a hp pavilion 15.

Thank you to all who help !

alanrwood 10:22 16 Oct 2018

Sounds as though the only realistic option is a complete reinstall from either a bootable Win 10 DVD or USB memory stick. I appreciate it might take some time but trying to fix the existing installation will probably take a lot more time and with no guarantee of success.Download the latest Media Creation Tool from MS. I believe it will still download Version 1803 not the latest screwed up Version 1809. You should not require a serial number as if Win 10 was already on the machine then it will be already registered on MS activation servers.

Govan1x 10:49 16 Oct 2018

Maybe try it in safe mode to see if it works on there. If not try system restore to see if you can set it to a time when it did work.

How old is the laptop and was it loosing the time and date.

mole44 10:13 17 Oct 2018

Acronis (Others are available) will do a complete clone of your disc to late now i know.But when all is working a clone of your disc on a regular basis (Bi-weekly) will save endless stress as a disc swap far easier then a complete reinstall.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)