Windows 10 lock screen picture does not show

tullie 07:10 05 Sep 2016
Answered

I have allways had a personel photo in the circle on the lock screen,that is until the anniversary update.The picture shows when checking the settings,but not when i boot the pc.

Secret-Squirrel 09:40 05 Sep 2016
Answer

The first thing to try when Windows 10 starts playing up is to do a restart. Don't shutdown and turn the computer back on as that'll have no effect - you need to click the Power icon and choose Restart.

If that doesn't help then change your user picture to something different, sign out, sign back in then put your old photo back. It may just kick-start Windows into working again.

tullie 10:03 05 Sep 2016

SSstrong textThank for your reply,alas,no joy.

Secret-Squirrel 11:46 05 Sep 2016

Sorry to hear that Tullie.

I can't think of anything else at the moment - apart from doing a Google search but I'm sure you can do that yourself.

tullie 12:46 05 Sep 2016

Thanks SS will have another google.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:05 05 Sep 2016

I only get the picture if I log in using my Microsoft account - no picture if logged in using local account.

BRYNIT 13:29 05 Sep 2016

It could be a corupt link to the picture. You could try changing the picture if it works you can then change it back to the one you want.

tullie 14:47 05 Sep 2016

Fruitbat just tried changing accounts.The picture shows on my local account,but not the MS one!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:21 05 Sep 2016

Don't you just love windows :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Nest Hub Max review

Pantone has invented 294 new colours

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Google Pixel 4 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs