Windows 10 - How Can I Get Rid Of Nag Screens

jimforrest 02:41 01 Dec 2015

On the bottom right of my Win& machine I have a little flag icon - Win10 Upgrade And every few hours I get a nag screen come up telling me to upgrade - and I'm fed up with it!

How do I get rid of it all? I don't want to upgrade, free or otherwise, as I'm happy with Win7.

Pine Man 11:12 01 Dec 2015

Get GWX Control Panel.

click here

BRYNIT 13:27 01 Dec 2015

Have a read of CLICK HERE

[email protected] 00:40 15 Dec 2015

This video should help

click here

RV510 10:33 15 Dec 2015

Some of the information in these 'how to's' is a bit sketchy. The icon placed on your bottom task bar came via a Windows update that is flagged as 'important' and if you just follow some procedures it will keep coming back. To permanently get rid of the icon click your start button, go into 'control panel' then 'system and security', in the list under 'Windows update' click on 'View installed updates', wait for the list to load and then scroll down the list until you come to the heading 'Microsoft Windows' and scroll down until you find update KB3035583 and click on it and then click 'uninstall'. When that's done go back to 'control panel' click on 'Windows update' and then 'show all available updates' and look again for KB3035583 which will be marked as important and there will be a 'tick' in the box, click on the tick in the box to remove it and do the same for any other update relating to W10. Close everything out and restart your computer. You have now got rid. One thing more you will need to do is to turn off automatic update and choose 'ask me before installing updates' otherwise it will come back again, if you do this, when you are notified that updates are available 'view updates' and look to see if KB3035583 is listed and if there is a tick in the box, if so, again un-tick the box by clicking on it and it will not install, then you can install the other updates that you choose to install by ticking the boxes. No-one needs to reserve W10, if you want to install it you can by doing so directly from the Microsoft Windows website in 'downloads', it will take around 3 hours, if you don't like it you can uninstall and go back to your previous system through 'system restore' in Control Panel, you have one month to do so from the time/date you installed W10. Sorry this is long winded but there is no shorter way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France