Hot Topics

We regret to inform you that the PC Advisor Forums are now closed, and you are unable to post new comments or conversations. If you have a question about the forums, please contact us.

Windows 10 home S mode problem

Anon-2393520 19:16 19 Jan 2020

hello, friend has asus notepad with Windows 10 home S mode installed which prevents instals and downloads except from Windows Store.There is a 'switch out of S mode' "Get" option in Windows store which appears whenever you try to instal or download anything , but it doesnt work and neither do any internet workarounds weve tried. He has a Microsoft account and has installed the latest Windows Store update and Windows updates but to no avail. Any help appreciated

Anon-2445101 23:01 19 Jan 2020

Have a look at this article, Link , note " In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.) " .

Anon-281249 23:20 19 Jan 2020

Now, I'm not sure that I can understand what you have "actually" said.

However, I have always been under the impression that the "S" version of Windows was for Schools and particularly for Computers which were too underpowered to run a full version of Windows 10.

If it is such a Computer that you have, upgrading will only cause you grief

Anon-2432433 12:48 20 Jan 2020

Windows S.

This lets you know how to remove it if you don't want to use the S mode.

Click here

Anon-2432433 12:49 20 Jan 2020

Oops sorry bromanz. looks like you have already tried that.

Anon-2393520 17:40 22 Jan 2020

Thanks govan1x & x13 but had already tried the msoft store link. Having now checked the spec of the notepad for friends wife in the light of wee eddie's advice it is 53gb memory with only 28gb free, so I think advice right,so little memory is available that a switch to Home or Pro & loading lot of programs would be inadvisable.She will have to stay with S mode, only wants it for internet, letters & gmail anyway. Thanks for feedback.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

£129 Roku Streambar Aims to Complete the Home Entertainment Experience

Apple iMac 2020 review

No, iOS 14 widgets are not spying on your iPhone

Google Pixel 5 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs

/forum/windows-29/windows-10-home-s-mode-problem-4718877/