windows 10 format and reinstall query

conrail 21:23 18 Dec 2016
Answered

running laptop with free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 home, laptop running extremely slow despite using windows repair tool and system mechanic, laptop has partition D as factory reset, if I use this option how do I get windows 10 back, I actually like it, I assume windows did not alter drive D during the installation, all help and advice appreciated

BRYNIT 22:05 18 Dec 2016

If you go to start - settings - recovery. Under Reset this PC select remove everything it will reset Windows 10 as a clean install and coulds take several hours to complete.

If you download the Media creation tool from CLICK HERE you can download and create Windows 10 DVD or USB to reinstall windows 10 as an upgrade or as a clean install. As you have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 you will have a digital license that will reactivate as soon as you are connected to the internet.

To upgrade use the factory reset option to reinstall windows 8.1 and then upgrade from withing windows to Windows 10.

To do a clean install you will need to boot from the DVD or USB you have created. Note you may need to check and download some drivers.

conrail 22:18 18 Dec 2016
Answer

thank you BRYNIT, I appreciate your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch