Windows 10 factory reset problem

Bob Stone 23:03 13 Jul 2018

I tried to factory reset my pc because I was having problems with it but when I did I got this screen witch says. Other user and I tried entering any password I could think of but nothing seemed to work and I’ve spent the better part of 6 hours trying to solve the problem but nothing seems to work

MJS WARLORD 12:31 14 Jul 2018

Are you trying to do the factory reset from a pre installed recovery program that came with your pc. If so try the following , make a set of factory reset discs from within the software. Next restart your pc and as it is booting up keep pressing the cd/dvd drawer until it opens , as quickly as possible put the first of the discs into the drawer and close it. Eventually the pc should detect the disc and start running the recovery program..... this is what I did when I had a Packard bell pc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 14 Jul 2018

What problems?

make and model? laptop desktop?

what operating system win 10?

If win 10 then you are probably better off downloading a win 10 iso and make the media creation tool. Boot from the created media and do a clean install of win 10

Clean install instructions click here,news-57579.html

enter link description here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:06 14 Jul 2018

I should have gone to spec savers - you did say win 10 in your title :0)

Liam Wardle 15:45 22 Jul 2018

Chances are the computer is still thinking that you are using your laptop screen as the main monitor. If you allow windows to boot up you can click the space bar to go onto password screen. After that you can press the windows key and "p" this would bring up the project screen. I know you cannot see what is going on but by keeping hold of the windows button and keep pressing the p key leaving a few seconds between each press it should eventually go to second screen only. This will make your monitor the only display your computer will use. Hope this helped! Liam

jameelriaz 13:32 24 Jul 2018

Hi, i might know some steps, that can help you, read this: Restore from a system restore point Use a recovery drive Use installation media to restore or factory reset Windows 10 Go back to your previous Windows version Check recovery partitions Perform a Refresh/Reset from WinRE.

Tammy42518 05:02 12 Aug 2018

If you want to find the lost data(without the disk formatted),you can see this video: how to recover the deleted files. I rhink it will help you.

Fileyogi 11:23 13 Aug 2018

If your computer can’t factory reset Windows 10 and you have not created a recovery drive, download the installation media and use it to factory reset Windows 10. On a working computer, go to the Microsoft software download website Download the media creation tool and run it Select Create installation media for another PC Choose a language, edition and architecture (32 or 64-bit) Follow the steps to create installation media then click Finish Connect the installation media you created to the computer that isn’t working and turn it on On the initial set up screen, enter language and other preferences and click Next If you don’t see set up screen, your computer may not be set up to boot from drive so check how to change your computer’s boot order (from manufacturer’s website) and try again Select Repair your computer

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?