Windows 10 factory reset problem

Bob Stone 23:03 13 Jul 2018

I tried to factory reset my pc because I was having problems with it but when I did I got this screen witch says. Other user and I tried entering any password I could think of but nothing seemed to work and I’ve spent the better part of 6 hours trying to solve the problem but nothing seems to work

MJS WARLORD 12:31 14 Jul 2018

Are you trying to do the factory reset from a pre installed recovery program that came with your pc. If so try the following , make a set of factory reset discs from within the software. Next restart your pc and as it is booting up keep pressing the cd/dvd drawer until it opens , as quickly as possible put the first of the discs into the drawer and close it. Eventually the pc should detect the disc and start running the recovery program..... this is what I did when I had a Packard bell pc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 14 Jul 2018

What problems?

make and model? laptop desktop?

what operating system win 10?

If win 10 then you are probably better off downloading a win 10 iso and make the media creation tool. Boot from the created media and do a clean install of win 10

Clean install instructions click here,news-57579.html

enter link description here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:06 14 Jul 2018

I should have gone to spec savers - you did say win 10 in your title :0)

Archie44 21:24 14 Jul 2018

I hope this can help

reinstall win10

Archie44 21:25 14 Jul 2018

scroll down

had same problems now im linux mint user now

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple