Windows 10 download to come as a Windows Update

TopCat® 15:32 03 Nov 2015

Details to be found at this link TC.

kad292 22:20 03 Nov 2015

As i see it if they force me to have W10 on this laptop and then force me to recover that system and configure it to how it is now,working perfectly, i treat that as invasive and would consider action against them.They have no right to dictste what goes onto my pc/laptop.

The W10 i have on the other one has small infuriating nigggles which were not there in W7,slowness to load,wi-fi connection,blinking screen, a printer that does not work,why should they get away with mucking up this one just because they want to increase market share.

kad292 22:22 03 Nov 2015

Should be dictate.

hssutton 20:16 04 Nov 2015

According to my W7 the update is already here on my PC. For some months now I've been running W10 on a cloned version of W7. Once or twice a week I boot into W7 to see what's what. Last week I had two quite large updates which I allowed to continue. Yesterday I booted into W7 and see that the latest update is for W10

lotvic 21:10 04 Nov 2015

No-one will be 'forced' to have Windows 10. click here

Early next year, we expect to be re-categorizing Windows 10 as a “Recommended Update”. Depending upon your Windows Update settings, this may cause the upgrade process to automatically initiate on your device. Before the upgrade changes the OS of your device, you will be clearly prompted to choose whether or not to continue.

hssutton 21:32 04 Nov 2015

That's why I've set updates to inform me, not to auto update, so I see no problem whatsoever.

lotvic 23:28 04 Nov 2015

hssutton, I've also set updates to inform me, and am also doing the clone of my W7 HDD to make it easier for myself, so will be able to swap HDD's (back to W7) for a while till I get familiar and okay on Windows 10. I already keep my Docs and music, pics etc (and backup of email etc) on a separate HDD so that's no prob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)