Windows 10 creators update overriding my gpu

Josh Martin 16:47 03 Jan 2018

HELLO! All computer spec is listed at bottom. Happy new year to one and all! I need some help! Due to the new win 10 creators update when I try to play games such as ark or escape from tarkov my computer automatically uses the now inbuilt intel hd graphics 530, which is absolute tosh! I would like to use my 780ti which was working absolutely fine before this update if anyone has any ideas on how to do that.

Win 10 Home premium 64bit intel 6700 skylake @4.00ghz HyperX 2X 8gb ram nvidia geforce gtx 780ti

Govan1x 17:40 03 Jan 2018

I don't suppose you can roll back the driver for it or download the latest driver for it from here. I suppose you can download it automatically or manually. Your choice.

Click Here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:13 03 Jan 2018

Normally the onboard graphics get disabled in BIOS when it detects a graphics card fitted, can be a pain if the card fails then you have no graphics at all to rset the BIOS.

Josh Martin 11:47 04 Jan 2018

thankyou for replies and apologies for delayed response, drivers fully up to date.

Is there a way to manually turn off the onboard graphics in bios and only use the 780?

Many thanks!

rdave13 17:27 04 Jan 2018

Have you checked the Nvidia control panel and under 'manage 3D settings', Global Settings tab, that High - performance Nividia processor is selected under Preferred graphics processor ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?