Windows 10 Creators Update anyone?

chub_tor 17:42 17 Oct 2017
Answered

Just read that this is available from today and will slowly be rolled out but it can be downloaded now. Has anyone tried it yet?

Govan1x 16:43 19 Oct 2017

Ok if any of you run malwarebytes and it finds any problems do not remove them or quarantine them until we get further information. MalwareBytes says probably a false positive.

This from Malwarebytes

Click here

qwbos 18:29 19 Oct 2017

Just to add to the confusion, you might want to check Optimise Drives. Disk management shows two recovery partitions, disk optimise shows one. It tells me it needs optimisation, but it won't do it.

Maybe time for Microsoft to sort out the basics and forget about the whistles and bells for a while.

Aitchbee 21:58 19 Oct 2017

Yes, I think I'll wait a while, till the coast is clear. [No snags]

qwbos 22:09 19 Oct 2017

Yes, I think I'll wait a while, till the coast is clear. [No snags]

Sadly, I think you'll have a long wait. This just seems to be the way it is, the way it's been, and the way it'll stay. The only alternative is to do a clean install, and that's a bit of a faff if it's going to become a twice a year event.

Forum Editor 22:21 19 Oct 2017

"maybe worth giving your MalwareBytes a run to see if it finds any problems on your computers."

I ran a scan on six machines - Malwarebytes found nothing.

Govan1x 22:58 19 Oct 2017

Forum Editor

It was fixed 1 hour ago according to my malwarebytes click here.

I reinstalled the files from quarantine and ran Malwarebytes again and it came up clean.

Maybe it was a case of some getting it and others not. But all ok now.

chub_tor 14:50 21 Oct 2017
Answer

This seems to have run its course so I will mark it closed

stevethetester 16:28 21 Oct 2017

Installed fine on my wife's laptop, no issues at all and running fine.Installed it on my home pc and...disaster. High hard drive usage, slow unresponsive at everything and after a few minutes none of the icons in the task bar or the start button brought any response followed rapidly by totally locking up with the only way to restart requiring a hard reboot. This happened on every reboot which was done about 20 times.So I reverted it back to the previous build which has now given me back my speedy and fault free pc-for now because the "update" has since been downloaded again. To prevent this from trashing my pc again I downloaded Wushowhide from the microsoft website and after running it clicked on the "hide update" button for the fall update. Hopefully this will keep it at bay until Microsoft sort this out but based on this would recommend to delay installing as long as possible.

chub_tor 19:35 22 Oct 2017

I have noticed one anomaly since installing this latest update and that many of my programme registrations have been lost. Today I booted up two Serif programmes and also Paint Shop Pro and was asked to re-register them, it will be interesting to see if this happens with any other programmes as I get to use for the first time after updating to version 1709.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?