Windows 10 Computer Won’t Boot

DeathOnTwoLegs 19:58 15 May 2018

Hello! My laptop won’t boot! At first it wouldn’t log in, and then when I booted it into safe mode and ran startup repair, it suddenly won’t run windows. Whenever I press continue to windows, it runs the startup repair again and says: “Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC. Log file: F:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt” I thought “oh no biggie, i’ll just reset my pc.” but when I do that, (with both “Keep my files” and “Remove everything,” it says “There was a problem resetting your PC.” I’m really panicking because this is a new expensive gaming laptop that I only got in November. I should also probably mention before hand that it was installing updates when it suddenly ran out of power... And then this happened. Any clues as to how to fix it or what happened?

wiganken2 08:30 16 May 2018

What is laptop name and spec? The power loss part way through updating could have corrupted the system. It's not a laptop with a very small disk drive is it? Some laptops have only a 32GB disk and, after you install Windows and a few programs of your own, there is not enough room remaining for Windows updates after a while and so the system becomes corrupted due to failed updates. These laptops with small disks should not be sold. In either case a Windows reinstall may be required. Always keep laptops plugged in when updating.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:08 17 May 2018

Download and make the boot media from microsoft containing a new win 10 iso click here Boot from the media (USB) and try the repair from that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Create a glowing superhero

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures prises CPL