Windows 10 BSOD when playing games

Martyn David Osborne-walsh 14:32 28 Aug 2018

I keep getting the BSOD when the PC is under slight strain playing any game. Done a clean install, no heat issues, GPU is fine as it works on a different PC, no memory issues and only been happening since I replaced the PSU do to it melting. Everything else works fine but when I play games it dies. The BSOD doesn't leave any dump files as it happens to quick which is why I can't work out the cause. New HDD with clean install and replaced CPU fan and thermal paste. Please help cause its driving me nuts!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:14 28 Aug 2018

anything showing in event viewer?

Martyn David Osborne-walsh 17:26 28 Aug 2018

Not that I can see it does say critical error but that is due to the PC powering down after the error.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)