Windows 10 Anniversary Update Sleep Bug

tallboy 11:59 16 Sep 2016

I've just updated my 64-bit Windows 10 system with the Anniversary Update. Everything seems to work OK (fortunately) apart from the Sleep Mode. I have an SSD for the Windows system disk / programs and a HDD for data storage.

Previously, if you put the system in Sleep mode, everything stopped (screen, mouse scanning light, system fans etc.) and came back to life when you moved the mouse or lightly touched the power on button. Now everything stops apart from the fans, which stay 'whirring' as normal. However, when you try to wake the system up (By moving the mouse or touching the power button), the PC doesn't respond. The only way to get it going again is to switch it off entirely and re-start it.

Oddly enough, Hibernate works as it should do; mouse movement restarts the system.

Anyone any ideas how I fix this annoying bug - or how I report it to Microsoft? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:47 16 Sep 2016
  tallboy 22:36 16 Sep 2016

Many thanks for the link Fruit Bat /\0/. I'll work through these over the w/e and hope that I can locate the problem!

tallboy 08:47 23 Sep 2016

Unfortunately none of the suggested solutions in the Windows Report post did the trick of getting Sleep to work correctly. Any other suggestions Fruit Bat /\0/\?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)