windows 10, access insert photo problem

conrail 08:24 31 Oct 2015

running windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10 home, 1 TB HD with 60% free & 8gB ram, and ms office xp, I have a large collection of model locomotives, the details of where/when purchased, cost, etc. are on a word doc, I am quite proficient with word, xl & power-point, I decided to have a go with access so I could update my collection with photos, after playing about, google is handy, I am up and running, I now want to add a new loco to my database and this is where my problems have started; I load access, select ‘forms’, select database to open, number 76, this is the latest file, select insert object, create from file, select the object, a .jpg size 614kb, not the largest of the .jpgs I have used, get the blue spinning circle that just keeps spinning, try to close the file and receive the warning that ‘the command or action ‘Quit’ isn’t available now, was going to add screenshot of this warning but can't remember how to convert it, ctrl, alt, del lets me close the window but I am left with Yellow triangle exclamation mark stating ‘Graphic filter not found'. all help and advice on inserting the photos.there are 2, appreciated

conrail 08:26 31 Oct 2015

I have noticed that when I close access, I get a copy of the file with a blue padlock on my desktop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)