Windows 10 64bit won't show second monitor

Alexandru Chi?u 22:21 01 Dec 2018

Hello !

My system : Win 10 Pro 1809 ; video card : Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 ( 3 displayport / 1 hdmi / 1 DVI-d ).

My principal problem is that Windows won't detect my second monitor ( TV , not Smart TV, but 3-4 years old TV from TCL ) through HDMI-HDMI and also bought an adapter from HDMI to DVI-D to plug in the videocard DVI-D port.

I tried all the things I found on forums ( latest drivers installed, uninstall completely the Nvidia driver etc ) .

If I plug just the TV and restart my PC , it shows my BIOS, and in Safe mode it works too, but in the moment I connect my monitor ( through DisplayPort it shows No Signal on TV ). I can't type in safe mode to search for Device manager while TV is shows the image .

I don't know what to do anymore, please help me.

Thanks !

MJS WARLORD 21:18 03 Dec 2018

Hi alex try watching this video I found for you

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch