Windoes 10 removal - No access to Start Menu

Jamous 13:10 19 Oct 2015

Hi, having installed W10 about a month ago for some reason it has decided to stop working properly.

By that I mean clicking on the Windows Icon in the bottom left (Start menu) does nothing so I cannot access apps, settings or anything.

Trying to type in the search box to the right does nothing also

What I want to do is go back to Win7, now all the bits I have read online say access Settings > etc which I cannot do

Would I be ok just using the recovery discs that I created when I bouth the machine or would the fact that it has had W10 on in since case any issues

Any other suggestions much appreciated

Govan1x 13:24 19 Oct 2015

Does clicking on the Windows logo show anything. or right clicking on start menu does that do anything.

Jamous 13:42 19 Oct 2015

Hi Govan - no neither does anything at all. Not sure whats caused it but need to get it back working asap so was just thinking or going back to w7.

Govan1x 14:02 19 Oct 2015

They say you cannot revert back after a month. The recovery discs should do it but I suppose like anything else there could be complications.

I would wait to see if someone can get you into recovery first which would be your best bet. if Windows old has been removed that will not work.

If you click on File explorer on the Taskbar and on the left scroll down to C Drive and expand it Windows old would be at the bottom of that.

Or scroll down to Control panel and open it and go to recovery.

Like i said probably better waiting for advice from someone else before using your recovery discs.

Jamous 14:13 19 Oct 2015

Cheers. I can navigate to Windows.old by creating a shortcut onto desktop and the files appear to be in there (although nothing in the Recovery folder) so will do as you say and see what else is suggested Thanks again

Govan1x 18:13 19 Oct 2015

Not getting a lot of answers jamous this is in the same forum so I would assume it would be ok to go back. Hope you remembered your password etc just in case it asks you for it.

Click Here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:37 19 Oct 2015
  qwnfqwetvc 04:01 20 Oct 2015

clicking on the Windows logo show anything

Jamous 07:49 20 Oct 2015

No nothing from the win logo

Fruit Bat - can you advise on how to refresh W10 please? TIA

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:16 20 Oct 2015

clink on my link in the thread the bit underlined in red - this takes you to a web page that explains the refresh / restore procedure.

Note a refresh effectively reinstalls all the windows files but keeps all your data intact.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

MacBook Air 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)