Hot Topics

Win10 Pro Upgrade Offer from Microsoft

Newuser4165 10:49 08 Jun 2020

Does anyone think this is a worthwhile offer of Win 10 Pro for £39.95 or should I stick to Win10 Home?

Secret-Squirrel 11:46 08 Jun 2020

Windows 10 Pro is primarily designed for business users who need to connect to a company domain and/or require other business tools such as being able to secure a laptop by encrypting its hard drive.

It's highly unlikely that a home user will use any of those extra features so it'll be a waste of time and money.

Govan1x 13:45 08 Jun 2020

You actually got this offer from Microsoft or from another website.

Domain Registration 2020-03-01 | 3 months ago

That was from a microsoft store uk using the internet.

Another seller selling it at £19.99

I cant actually see Microsoft contacting you to sell you an upgrade. But I am sure you could prove me wrong.

The latest version of Windows 10 is imminent. We should have had it last month but probably a lot of the Microsoft workers have been laid of due to the Virus.

Pine Man 14:19 08 Jun 2020

The latest version of Windows 10 is imminent.

Downloaded and installed on 28 May 2020. No real differences to it's predecessor thay I have seen so far.

Secret-Squirrel 18:52 08 Jun 2020

You actually got this offer from Microsoft or from another website............Domain Registration 2020-03-01 | 3 months ago..............The latest version of Windows 10 is imminent. We should have had it last month.............

What's all that got to do with Newuser's question?

He or she is asking about the differences between the Home and Professional versions of Windows 10 and whether it's worth upgrading.

Newuser4165 19:58 08 Jun 2020

PC Advisor itself is listing this upgrade on it's front page assuminf of course that it isn't a scam :- click here

Govan1x 23:40 08 Jun 2020

We Know that Microsoft would not call anyone so malkking sure it was not a scam site that he was on.

Windows store that was selling it looked a bit iffy and had only registered 3 months ago.

Microsoft store UK selling it [ From £219.99 ] Everyone else selling it from £18 to £50 it seems.

Maybe they are running short of cash due to the Virus problem.

Secret-Squirrel 09:02 09 Jun 2020

Microsoft sell legitimate Windows 10 Pro keys for £219.99. Any keys that are on sale for much cheaper are not legitimate. They may be Volume License keys, student keys, or keys destined for other markets such as China. They may work forever, or they may work for a short while until the user gets the dreaded "You may be a victim of software piracy" message.

Govan1x 11:50 10 Jun 2020

Secret-Squirrel

I like a little bargain now and then and totally agree on your way of explaining how it works in real life.

If indeed I was looking for something like this at the moment I would probably take a chance on buying it Knowing full well that it maybe rejected by Microsoft next week. next month or next year or whenever. Or of course never.

I usually take chances with Security programs and buy them cheaper but at least they do not shut down windows if they are proven to be fakes. I have never had any problems with any of them. Well saying that i had a problem with Malwarebytes at one time telling me my version was not legit. Bought it from Amazon so they had all the purchase details which I forwarded to Malwarebytes and they reinstall it for me again.

You pay your money and take your chance I suppose.

awest3 13:40 27 Jun 2020

Good thing about 2004 is that Cortana is now an App and can be removed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)