Win10 not recognising usb devices

jerica 10:57 16 May 2019

Hi, posted on the tech forum but now I think this is a Win10 problem. Ended up reinstalling Win10 about a week ago and since then some of the usb devices are not being recognised, also the latest win update will not install. I've tried lots of things like uninstalling the devices and letting the pc reinstall but that doesn't work, pointing the driver installer to the correct driver, no luck. I've even tried a driver site that told me the usb driver I needed, then told me that it couldn't install them. I'm completely at a loss, having looked on the net there seems to be a lot of this out there, anyone got a solution?

jerica 17:49 16 May 2019

OK, panic over, windows spent three hours this afternoon downloading, installing and updating and all is working again. Beginning to think Win10 is win with knob on.

lotvic 20:30 17 May 2019

Hopefully you meant ...with cob on

x13 23:08 17 May 2019

Hopefully you meant ...with cob on

lotvic who knows hah.. Life is strange and humour even more so.

jerica 12:54 18 May 2019

I meant knobs on, ery old English expression, but then again I'm very old.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?