Win 8 Cannot connect to MS services

Steven60901 01:45 20 Sep 2017

ok so im already aware of the overwhelming number of other posts for this issue but in my defense mine does seem slightly different. Everything else works from store to apps the ONLY thing that will not work is creating or switching to a Microsoft account. In the store i am able to select "Sign into apps separately" and it allows me to log in there. So the store works, windows update works. i mean everything else works. I cannot think for the life of me why its not working for profile. Same issue persisted in windows 8.1 pro as well. So I've already wiped and reinstalled and even tried a semi different operating system. Tried the suggestions out there such as copying proxy from ie using command prompt and the repair programs as well as running the built in network diagnostics.

Steven60901 16:53 20 Sep 2017

Update, 3rd reinstall back to 8.1 it seems to be the same thing and only with windows 8. i had windows 10 on here before and had no issue. It checks for and installs updates. all other metro apps accept ms login so long as its separate from profile. The only thing it wont let me do it switch to a microsoft profile which i guess isn't all that big a deal so long as everything else is working... still would have been nice to have it working. I know im not the only person with issues either there's posts all over the internet all slightly different but with one thing in common. When trying to switch or create microsoft profile it cannot connect to microsoft services... So strange lol

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?