Win 10 update build 15002

hssutton 10:01 11 Jan 2017

As anyone downloaded this update and find it works OK? Unfortunately for me I left my PC unattended last evening, resulting in update being downloaded. So many problems that I don't really know where to start. Firefox informs me that it cannot run. IE just shows a blue screen. 'Settings' will not work and Admin priviliges have been removed, unable to restore to previous build. 1/4 of the screen is covered in blank tiles. Probably other issues as well, but do not have the time to find out.

Pine Man 11:55 11 Jan 2017

Just checked my Windows 10 and it is build 1607. Checked for updates and they are only for this build.

A quick Google seems to suggest that you have downloaded Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15002 somehow.

alanrwood 11:56 11 Jan 2017

The latest mainstream version is 1607 (14393 693) from the latest MS Updates released yesterday from which I would assume you are on the Beta updates track. Enter "winver" from Start Menu/Run to check.

Can yo do a restore to the previous working status?

hssutton 15:42 11 Jan 2017

rdave yes you are correct it's the latest 'Insider'update. Just spent a little time trying to overcome the problem, but no luck. unable to do anything, on restart it went to a blue screen, attempted an auto repair, but failed. All is not lost however as I always have a backup. Will update again this evening

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 review

Apple has upgraded the iMac to make it twice as fast – and given the iMac Pro a quiet bump too

New iMac 2019 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

iMac 2019 : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique