Win 10 update build 15002

hssutton 10:01 11 Jan 2017

As anyone downloaded this update and find it works OK? Unfortunately for me I left my PC unattended last evening, resulting in update being downloaded. So many problems that I don't really know where to start. Firefox informs me that it cannot run. IE just shows a blue screen. 'Settings' will not work and Admin priviliges have been removed, unable to restore to previous build. 1/4 of the screen is covered in blank tiles. Probably other issues as well, but do not have the time to find out.

Pine Man 11:55 11 Jan 2017

Just checked my Windows 10 and it is build 1607. Checked for updates and they are only for this build.

A quick Google seems to suggest that you have downloaded Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15002 somehow.

rdave13 11:55 11 Jan 2017

My problem is related to the graphics driver that Windows installs. Same as last version. Once back to the basic driver then the PC is usable.

Try running in safe mode. In the sign in screen press and hold the shift key, click on the power button and select restart. Then Troubleshoot, Advanced options, then startup options. See if it runs ok. It might be a driver problem.

alanrwood 11:56 11 Jan 2017

The latest mainstream version is 1607 (14393 693) from the latest MS Updates released yesterday from which I would assume you are on the Beta updates track. Enter "winver" from Start Menu/Run to check.

Can yo do a restore to the previous working status?

rdave13 11:58 11 Jan 2017

Pine Man, never thought of that. I assumed hssutton was on the Insider fast ring.

hssutton 15:42 11 Jan 2017

rdave yes you are correct it's the latest 'Insider'update. Just spent a little time trying to overcome the problem, but no luck. unable to do anything, on restart it went to a blue screen, attempted an auto repair, but failed. All is not lost however as I always have a backup. Will update again this evening

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?