win 10 pro problems 64bit

Durasic 12:40 05 Jul 2019

had to reinstall new copy of w10 pro as system got corupted and was originally free upgrade from win 7 so did not have win 10 pro licence key. Problem now is the pc which used to run on 64 bit with the full 6 gig RAM now only uses 3 gig though shows 6 gig. My instalation for 64 bit fails and can only install on 32 bit ....help lol Asus PT6 delux v2 MB

lotvic 13:50 05 Jul 2019

instalation for 64 bit fails

What happens, why does it fail?

Durasic 15:10 05 Jul 2019

As to why it fails, that is why i am asking for help,as to how it fails i just get windows logo and no progress circle ie it freezes

x13 19:25 05 Jul 2019

Use another PC to download Win 10 64-bit, click here , select install Windows 10 on another PC. Boot to it on the affected PC and during the install delete all partitions so you end up just with one unallocated space. Then install Windows. If it asks for a key select I don't have one or words to that effect. Carry on with the install. Hopefully that will work and as it will be a clean install backup all your important data first.

AK 16:45 09 Jul 2019

I can almost guarantee you that you'll end up with Windows 10 Home 64Bit Edition.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)