Win 10 continually booting into safe mode

Les1951 19:24 31 Jan 2018

Can anyone help, I am having a problem with my laptop it will not restore to a earlier restore point that I manually set because it was working really well, so I thought l would go into safe mode to use restore , my first mistake was I used System Configuration to get windows to boot into safe mode, not knowing that it would continue to go into safe mode each time it restarted , after set safe mode in System Configuration I restarted the laptop but it wanted a password to complete the reboot, this is where my issue started, I always login using my pin and I can’t for the life of me remember the p/word. Rebooting only returns to the password request, I have forced started Windows 10 Repair Environment where you can access the Recovery page and F8 opens startup settings, which gives you 9 options including enable Safe Mode, enable Safe Mode with network and enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt, I was hopping that I could get to the command prompt and change the boot option but the password is still required, now I am really stuck, can anyone help me to change the boot back to normal or get the login to accept my pin or give me any advice to sort this out. Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

Govan1x 12:54 01 Feb 2018

Any help on here.

Click Here

It sometimes skips the pin number and asks for a password. This will either be the Password from the email address that you added or one that you made up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?