Will this cause me a problem

registered 18:41 29 Sep 2019

I have just had the above notification pop up.It says my password will expire in 5 days and i should change it.There was a password at some point in the past but i used netplwiz and set the login as no password required.Can someone tell me why i should get this notification if no password is required to log in? Will this cause me any probs in 5 days time? I tried to open local users and groups to set the password never expire.But i get a message saying that the "snapin may not be used with this version of windows.Can someone advise me please?

john bunyan 19:11 29 Sep 2019

Sounds like a scam. Example:

expire

Google “password will expire in .. days” and you will see other examples. I’ve had false Apple ID requests etc

grumpy old man 21:28 30 Sep 2019

definitely a scam as netplwiz stops you from being asked for the password , that said you will still get the occasional pop up at bottom right asking you to put in your Microsoft account password ….. just ignore it !

Govan1x 09:00 01 Oct 2019

[definitely a scam as netplwiz stops you from being asked for the password ]

Every time I get a windows Update I get asked for a password when the computer restarts. I use netplwiz but still get asked for password after updates.

Probably entirely different to registered's problem but thought that i would post it anyway.

registered 19:08 01 Oct 2019

you for the replies to my query.I will leave it and see what happens...if anything.

registered 19:10 01 Oct 2019

That should be thank you for the replies.I will leave it and see what happens ..if anything.

registered 18:24 05 Oct 2019

Quick update on my password query.Just left it to see what would happen and nothing did.Can boot up without any password required.Thanks for the help.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

Kristina Bold is a font based on a stroke survivor's handwriting

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2019)