Wifi keeps on disconnecting my drivers are up to date

nodi 07:44 24 Nov 2014

Hello

suddenly my wifi kept on disconnecting from the internet connection i tried to re-install the driver but that didn't help any suggestions people help would be much appreciated.

onthelimit1 08:41 24 Nov 2014

laptop or PC? Do you have any other devices connected by WiFi (to prove whether the fault is router or computer)?

nodi 08:46 24 Nov 2014

Its laptop I have my phone connected as well once my lap disconnects I check my phone the connection is fine.

It doesn't happen everyday though but it could happen several times a day.

xania 09:20 24 Nov 2014

I have been struggling with a similar problem myself. Downstairs laptop no problems - upstairs identical laptop (I bought them as a pair about 6 months ago) drops single at various times. Tried installing a booster - no difference. Tried replacing hub with more up-to-date version - still a problem. Tried re-installing Windows 7 - no change. Will now try swapping laptops over Xmas to see if that improves matters, but I suspect that its the different routes the signal has to travel and the walls the signal has to pass through - sometimes you may have to move the laptop to solve the problem!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:33 24 Nov 2014

Try changing the channel in the router as if a neighbor is using the same channel it could interfere with the signal

spuds 11:52 24 Nov 2014

I cannot vouch for this article, but it might be worth a read, regarding possible intrusions on your internet connection.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review

Razer's Core X GPU enclosure hands on review: It's cheaper, bigger, and even works with Macs

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

E3 2018 : dates, conférences de presse, billets et plus