Wifi Connected, But Cannot Use Internet. Urgent!

Jack Gilbert 12:17 15 Apr 2018

I have connected to my wifi. A few settings changed on Firefox which allows me to use the internet on the browser, but i cannot use anything else which connects to the internet.. discord, steam, windows updater and even the good old internet explorer. I currently have no Anti Virus Software. I have tried the troubleshoot which says.. '' The remote device or resource wont accept the connection''. Ive gone down suggested routes using CMD and uninstalling netowork drivers and re installing. Reset router and still no luck. Any help please? Urgent due to using pc for work. Thanks for the help :)

Govan1x 14:52 15 Apr 2018

Try resetting the Firewall back to default in case that is blocking the internet connections.

Jack Gilbert 15:21 15 Apr 2018

Still no luck, i have also tried looking into updating windows 10 but it says it cant connect. Also forgot to add. I had a windows update on the 10th April and since then i have had troubles

Gordon Freeman 16:43 15 Apr 2018

Can you do/have you tried a restore to before the 10/4 update?

Jack Gilbert 19:48 15 Apr 2018

Ive managed to restore the pc back to the 10/4 Update, and it is working again. So big thanks to that! But its asking me to install the windows updates again, Im guessing this is what caused the problem in the first place, so what should i do? Thanks again

Matt. 20:17 15 Apr 2018

You can't choose which updates to install with Windows 10.

Govan1x 10:29 16 Apr 2018

You could go to services and disable windows updates and stop it from running. That would stop it temporarily but yo really need it updating at least once a month.

mrcalif 17:01 16 Apr 2018

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Moto G6 review: Hands-on

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Les meilleurs jeux gratuits pour Mac (2018)