Wi-Fi and DNS connection problem

[email protected] 12:23 14 Nov 2015

hi everybody, i try to be as succinct as i can. It's been three days now that when i open an internet browser and search for something i read DNS PROBE finished no internet. I read about the problem in many forums and i tried every single way to solve it but it comes up anyway! I'm absolutely sure that my internet connection is ok because all my other Wi-Fi devices works fine and they haven't had any problem for now. I also can say that my laptop's Wi-Fi is ok, when i connect to other Wi-Fi connection it works very well. If i connect my laptop by a LAN cable the connection is ok and stable. I thought it was i DNS revolver problem and so i go on with CMD>ipconfig>release//renew//flushdns/ but nothing of what i've done has workes, so if anyone knows more about these things, please help :(

Govan1x 12:36 14 Nov 2015

Go into your router through the internet and and if 5ghz connection is dotted undot it and dot the 2.4 connection instead then press apply.

You will need your username and password to connect to the router and you will find them on the back of your router.

[email protected] 12:49 14 Nov 2015

Thank you, i've just tried that way but it does not work "limited connection" no way out

Govan1x 13:36 14 Nov 2015

[email protected]

I have a computer and an old laptop and none of them will connect to the 5 ghz connection. both work well using the 2.4 ghz connection.

Maybe your wireless driver needs to be updated but no doubt you have tried that.

If you run out of ideas you could always buy a dual band wireless dongle that will connect to the 5ghz and 4.2 connections.

Stay on here long enough and I am sure someone will be able to give you the proper information. My computer is less than 2 years old and will not connect to the 5ghz and I have been told by Virginmedia forum that my wireless card is not good enough to connect.

Maybe try in your ISP forum to see if any help forthcoming from them. They should be able to tell you if your wireless card can use the 5ghz or not.

If you know what wireless card you have and the name of your ISp someone on here maybe able to give you the information you need.

Govan1x 13:45 14 Nov 2015

5ghz and 2.4 connections I should have said.

Also add that my brother in Laws laptop would not work and he was with Virginmedia as well. he had just installed a new router from them and it also worked ok for him connected by ethernet but would not connect using the 5ghz wireless connection. his router came with both 5ghz and 2.4 Ghz dotted. Undotted the 5ghz and saved connection and it worked fine using the 2.4 connection. So maybe it is an ISP problem not sure but they all came up with DNS Connection not found.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

MacBook Air 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)