Which simple backup software should I use?

JoeName 09:06 31 Jan 2018

Hi, I need some help finding some good backup software that does what I need...

Requirements:

1. file and folder backup, not whole system.
  2. automatic, scheduled backups
  3. backup to network drive
  4. not file history. I just want the files to be copied over and replaced if they've altered. I don't want to be able to recover old versions.
  5. backup files to be exact copies, not compressed.
  6. ~windows 10

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've tried File History on my last PC and it is not what I want. Previously I've tried Seagate software and several freeware backup programs.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

alanrwood 11:54 31 Jan 2018

I have used FBackup for a long time and it does everything you want in the free version.

click here

Forum Editor 17:03 01 Feb 2018

I use Allway Sync. I've used it for years. It does exactly what I want it to do, and experience has shown it to be very reliable.

I run the Pro version, but the free version is excellent.

JoeName 19:00 01 Feb 2018

Thanks both I will have a good look at both of those.

HugeMonkey5 12:56 02 Feb 2018

Just simple Google Drive works for me as backup service

Paulius55 18:01 04 Feb 2018

I use EZBackitup. It does everything that you describe.

Larches 21:09 04 Feb 2018

I recently found SyncFolders and it works a treat. I also like Back4Sure for its simplicity.

1]: [click here 2]: [click here

mole44 13:12 05 Feb 2018

If you have a western digital drive anywhere on your system then western digital do a cut down version of acronis to clone your drive.

Celestialcrystal 08:18 27 Feb 2018

You can try AOMEI Backupper Professional version. It can automatically delete old backups during or after a backup: click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Festival de Cannes 2018 ?