which to keep

March Wind 21:52 12 Oct 2013
Answered

I am using Win 7 I have Ccleaner Glary Utilities and Malware bytes. Do I need to keep them all? If I should delete one which should it be

johndrew 10:40 13 Oct 2013

Ccleaner and Glary Utilities both are Registry cleaners with the former doing the cleaning (in my opinion) better; both have some additional functions.

Malwarebytes is a good anti-malware program and has nothing to do with cleaning the Registry but everything to do with getting rid of malware from your PC.

nickf 12:09 13 Oct 2013

Ccleaner is what it says , a cleaner . Glary Utilities is much more of a PC tune up tool . Malware bytes does what is says , it eats malware . I run all three on my PC , and am happy to recommend all three to any PC user . I also have Slim Cleaner , IOBit system care 6 , and SlimDriver . I like to test them against each other . As you can see , I have WAY to much time on my hands .

March Wind 12:57 13 Oct 2013

Thank you both. Not sure what tune up means? I to have too much time on my hands but very little knowledge, I have had a pc 10 years and still rely on a friend for help. What does tune up mean? Today when I switched on, pc said it was cleaning up and configuring. This went on for about 10 mins before pc welcomed me

woodchip 21:40 24 Oct 2013
Answer

using CCleaner can be deadly in the wrong hands, as it will can remove what it thinks are not needed in registry, where by a program may need them. If things are Deleted that should not be, your PC will be looking for where the things that make it work have gone to. Hence a slow Boot time as Registry is first thing you PC checks when it boots

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review: Hands-on

How to add texture to hand-drawn artworks

Best free iPad apps 2018

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?