which is the best desktop for me?

sukisox 10:57 02 Jul 2010

hi I am a female silver surfer who wants a decent desktop, I surf the web everyday and have loads of photos stored, I am reasonably competent and want a fairly fast system, I do not play games but do watch dvds and listen to cds, I want a recent 64bit machine as I dont want to be replacing it 2yrs down the line, any advice would be appreciated. thank you. sukisox

john bunyan 11:26 02 Jul 2010

Like you a silver surfer. I would have a look at Novotech. Also I have a second identical built in hard drive as a back up and an external USB one as well. I would go for Windows 7 64 bit.I have recently bought a laptop as well, and suggest a 5i processor (between 3i and 7i). I personally have a Creative X- Fi sound card and modest speakers- I think worth the extra. Others may comment on other aspects.

sukisox 11:44 02 Jul 2010

hi thanks John for the info, but I want a complete built system and am looking for the name of a system I can google as to the best price etc, so maybe I am not that competent! sukisox

john bunyan 11:47 02 Jul 2010

Fine, but these are well worth a Phone call and they would send a quote and reccomend a system for you to compare.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?